Board Stiff TEE - Transesophageal Echocardiography
By Christopher J. Gallagher, MD
Approx. 224 pages, Approx. 150 illustrations, Copyright 2004
Following the success of his Board Stiff and Board Stiff Too review books for the oral boards in anesthesiology, Dr. Gallagher strikes again with Board Stiff TEE: Transesophageal Echocardiography. Humorous, yet pragmatic, this new book reviews all of the knowledge covered in the new competence examination in perioperative transesophageal echocardiography (PTEeXAM). Schematic drawings make complex concepts easier to understand, and a valuable appendix tackles quantitative problems associated with TEE. The result is a highly effective, enjoyable, and affordable review tool on this increasingly important monitoring modality.
Provides a detailed review of all of the PTEeXAM topics listed by the National Board of Echocardiography.
Features a humorous, engaging style very different from other TEE resources.
Offers 150 schematic drawings that clarify difficult concepts and problems.
Includes an appendix that provides detailed problem-solving guidance on quantitative aspects of TEE,such as gradients, valve areas, and chamber pressures.
Presents recommendations on other helpful books, meetings, and study material on TEE.
Table of Contents
Introduction: The Anti-Crash
Chapter 1: The Yellow Brick Road
Chapter 2: To the End and Stop
• Principles of Ultrasound
• Equipment, Infection Control, and Safety
• Principles of Doppler Ultrasound
• Quantitative M-Mode and Two-Dimensional Echocardiography
• Quantitative Doppler
• Doppler Profiles and Assessment of Diastolic Function
• Cardiac Anatomy
• Pericardium and Extracardiac Structures: Anatomy and Pathology
• Pathology of the Cardiac Valves
• Intracardiac Masses and Devices
• Global Ventricular Systolic Function
• Segmental Left Ventricular Systolic Function
• Assessment of Perioperative Events and Problems
• Congenital Heart Disease
• Artifacts and Pitfalls
• Related Diagnostic Modalities
Chapter 3: Hemodynamodoc