Surgery of the Foot and Ankle, 8th Edition - 2-Volume Set
By Michael J. Coughlin, MD, Roger A. Mann, MD and Charles L. Saltzman, MD
2400 pages 1600 ills
Trim size 8 1/2 X 10 7/8 in
Let a "who's who" of foot and ankle surgeons take your skills to the next level! Marking its 50th anniversary as the definitive reference in foot and ankle surgery, this classic has been thoroughly updated to reflect the latest developments in the field. Under the expert editorial guidance of Drs. Coughlin and Mann, the new edition presents you with all of the latest knowledge and techniques with respect to problems of the forefoot, neurologic disorders, arthritic conditions, postural disorders, miscellaneous disorders, sports medicine, pediatric foot and ankle problems, and trauma. It reflects major advances in ankle reconstruction, the management of foot disorders in the diabetic patient, nerve problems in the foot, and much more. A free DVD with 59 video clips of key procedures provides a fellowship-style learning experience that you can take advantage of at home or in the office. Plus, with the multimedia e-dition, you can not only consult the 2-volume set but also access the complete contents online, fully searchable—with quarterly updates coordinated by Dr. Coughlin and a case of the month coordinated by Dr. Mann.
REVIEW OF PREVIOUS EDITION
“This text retains its position as the preeminent work on the foot and ankle…an outstanding reference work, setting a new standard for long-running orthopedic textbooks.” — JBJS
Refine your mastery of the full range of procedures with the latest knowledge from the world's top experts!
Produce the best possible outcomes using today's most effective approaches for ankle replacement, the diabetic foot, nerve conditions, rehabilitation, and much more!
Gain well-rounded insights from multiple authorities…so you can choose the best approach for each patient!
Watch experts perform 59 procedures in real time with videos on DVD!
Master techniques more effectively thanks to the multimedia e-dition format! In addition to the 2-volume set and DVD, you'll receive access to a dynamic web site that lets you search and consult the complete contents of the 2-volume set instantly online • stay current with quarterly updates reflecting the latest knowledge, techniques, and practice guidelines • and download any of the 1,600 illustrations for use in your own electronic presentations
Table of Contents
1. Biomechanics of the Foot and Ankle— Roger A. Mann & Andrew Haskell 2. Principles of Examination of the Foot and Ankle—Roger A. Mann & W. Hodges Davis 3. Imaging of the Foot and Ankle—Carroll P. Jones 4. Conservative Treatment of the Foot and Ankle— Keith L. Wapner 5. Peripheral Anesthesia—Greg A. Horton
6. Hallux Valgus—Roger A. Mann & Michael J. Coughlin 7. Lesser toe deformities—Michael J. Coughlin 8. Keratotic Disorders of the Foot— Roger A. Mann & Jeffrey A. Mann 9. Bunionettes—Michael J. Coughlin 10. Sesamoids and Accessory Bones of the Foot— Michael J. Coughlin
11. Adult Nerve Disorders—Lew C. Schon
12. Heel Pain—Thomas H. Lee 13. Soft Tissue and Bone Tumors—Arthur K. Walling 14. Toenail Abnormalities—Michael J. Coughlin & James D’Orio 15. Workers Compensation and Liability Issues— Gregory P. Guyton
ARTHRITIS, POSTURAL DISORDERS, TENDON DISORDERS
16. Arthritides—Michael J. Coughlin & Paul J. Shurnas 17. Arthrtis of the Ankle—Charles L. Saltzman 18. Pes Planus and Arthrodeses of the Hindfoot— Steven L. Haddad 19. Pes Cavus—Gregory P. Guyton 20. Tendon Abnormalities—Lew C. Schon & Michael J. Coughlin
21. The Diabetic Foot—James W. Brodsky & Shay Shabat 22. Amputations of the Foot and Ankle— James W. Brodsky & Shay Shabat 23. Prostheses of the Foot and Ankle—Gary M. Berke
24. Athletic Injuries to the Soft Tissues of the Foot and Ankle—Thomas O. Clanton & William McGarvey 25. Stress Fractures of the Foot and Ankle— Bruce E. Cohen & Robert B. Anderson 26. Foot and Ankle Injuries in Dancers— William G. Hamilton 27. Arthroscopy of the Foot and Ankle—Richard D. Ferkel
28. Congenital Foot Deformities—James H. Beaty 29. Congenital and Acquired Neurologic Deformities—Robert Dehne
SOFT TISSUE DISORDERS OF THE FOOT AND ANKLE
30. Dermatology of the Foot and Lower Extremity—Douglas W. Kress 31. Soft Tissue Disorders of the Foot—Walter J. Pedowitz & David Pedowitz 32. Soft Tissue Trauma of the Lower Extremity— L. Scott Levin & James A Nunley 33. Infections of the Foot and Ankle—Michael J. Coughlin & J. Speight Grimes
34. Fractures and Fracture-dislocations of the Ankle— Roy Sanders & Art Walling 35. Fractures and Fracture-dislocations of the Calcaneus—Roy Sanders 36. Fractures and Fracture-dislocations of the Talus— Roy Sanders 37. Dislocations of the Foot—Carlo Bellabarba & Roy Sanders 38. Fractures of the Midfoot and Forefoot—Roy Sanders