Cornea Atlas, 2nd Edition
By Jay H. Krachmer, MD and David A. Palay, MD
384 pages 1098 ills
Trim size 9 13/16 X 12 1/16 in
1098 full-color images perfectly capture the appearance of the complete range of corneal and external eye diseases. Compiled by two of the world's foremost authorities on the subject and created using state-of-the-art digital imaging technology, they represent the sharpest, most accurate collection of photographs of the cornea ever published. Updates include a wealth of new images contributed by ophthalmologists from around the world; updated and expanded coverage of refractive surgery, external eye manifestations of chemical and biological warfare, and molecular genetics of corneal dystrophies; and a new Image Bank on CD-ROM. This comprehensive visual library of corneal disorders is ideal for reference during patient evaluation, screening, and treatment.
Covers all of the corneal and external eye conditions you might ever encounter—including tumors, dystrophic and degenerative disorders, inflammatory diseases, corneal manifestations of systemic disease, traumatic injuries, and therapeutic and reconstructive surgical procedures.
Offers the expertise of internationally renowned experts who have developed many innovative techniques for diagnosing and treating corneal and external eye diseases.
Features magnified insets that provide close-up views of important features.
Uses an oversized, 9 13/16" x 12 1/16" format to display images at an optimal size for convenient reference.
New to this Edition
Offers new images provided by ophthalmologists from around the world.
Includes a completely revamped and expanded section on Refractive Surgery, reflecting all of the monumental recent advances in this area.
Provides new coverage of external eye manifestations of chemical and biological warfare and molecular genetics of corneal dystrophies.
Comes with an Image Bank on CD-ROM that lets you incorporate all of the book’s photographs into your own PowerPoint® presentations. You can search for images by topic and create personalized "slide shows."
Table of Contents
1. DISEASES OF THE LID: ANATOMIC ABNORMALITIES
2. DISEASES OF THE LID: TUMORS
3. DISEASES OF THE LID: IMMUNOLOGIC, INFECTIOUS, AND TRAUMATIC
4. DISORDERS OF TEAR PRODUCTION AND THE LACRIMAL SYSTEM
5. CONJUNCTIVAL DISEASE: TUMORS
7. NORMAL ANATOMY AND DEVELOPMENTAL ABNORMALITIES OF THE CORNEA
8. CORNEAL MANIFESTATIONS OF SYSTEMIC DISEASE AND THERAPY
9. LID, CONJUNCTIVAL, AND CORNEAL MANIFESTATIONS OF CHEMICAL AND BIOLOGICAL WARFARE
10. CORNEAL DYSTROPHIES, ECTATIC DISORDERS, AND DEGENERATIONS
11. CORNEAL INFECTIONS
12. INTERSTITIAL KERATITIS
13. NONINFECTIOUS KERATOPATHY
14. IMMUNOLOGIC DISORDERS OF THE CORNEA
15. CORNEAL TRAUMA
16. CONTACT LENS COMPLICATIONS
17. DISORDERS OF THE SCLERA
18. IRIS TUMORS
19. ANTERIOR UVEITIS
20. PENETRATING AND LAMELLAR KERATOPLASTY
21. THERAPEUTIC AND RECONSTRUCTIVE PROCEDURES
22. REFRACTIVE SURGERY