Hemodynamics and Cardiology: Neonatology Questions and Controversies
By Charles S. Kleinman, MD and Istvan Seri, MD
432 pages 125 ills
Trim size 7 1/4 X 10 1/4 in
This exciting new reference brings you information about the most controversial cardiovascular challenges you face in your practice. The book confidently tackles these subjects and gives seasoned advice on the latest diagnostic and treatment strategies using evidence-based medicine wherever possible. It gives you the latest information you need to keep pace with the fast-paced, dynamic environment of neonatology.
Addresses controversial topics head on, so you can decide how to handle these difficult practice issues.
Serves as the bridge between the latest cutting-edge research and its application to clinical practice.
Assembles a world-class group of neonatologists, representing the true leaders of the specialty, to ensure the most authoritative content available.
Table of Contents
SECTION 1. PATHOPHYSIOLOGY OF NEONATAL SHOCK
1. The Etiology, Pathophysiology and Phases Of Neonatal Shock Shahab Noori, Istvan Seri
2. Autoregulation of vital and non-vital organ blood flow in the preterm and term neonate Gorm Greisen
3. Definition of Normal Blood Pressure Range: The Elusive Target William Engle
SECTION 2 DIAGNOSIS OF NEONATAL SHOCK
4. Use of Organ Blood Flow Assessment in the Diagnosis and Treatment of Neonatal Shock Gorm Greisen
5. Functional Echocardiography In The Neonatal Intensive Care Unit Nick Evans
6. Near-Infrared Spectroscopy and Its Use For The Assessment Of Tissue Perfusion In The Neonate Michael Weindling Suresh Victor
7. Advanced Magnetic Resonance Neuroimaging Techniques in the Neonate With Focus on Hemodynamic Related Brain Ashok Panigrahy A, Stefan Bluml
SECTION 3. CLINICAL PRESENTATIONS OF NEONATAL SHOCK
8. Clinical Presentations of Neonatal Shock: The Very Low Birth Weight Infant During The First Postnatal Day Martin Kluckow Istvan Seri
9. The VLBW Neonate With a Hemodynamically Significant Ductus Arteriosus During The First Postnatal Week Shahab Noori Istvan Seri
10. The Preterm Neonate With Relative Adrenal Insufficiency and Vasopressor Resistant Hypotension Cynthia Cole, MD
11. Clinical Presentations of Systemic Inflammatory Response in Term and Preterm Infants Rowena Cayabyab Istvan Seri
12. Shock in the Surgical Neonate Catarina Tizzo Cathy Shin Philippe Friedlich Istvan Seri
SECTION 4. WHERE IS THE EVIDENCE?
13. Evidence-Based Evaluation of The Management of Neonatal Shock David M. Osborn
14. Prevalence of Congenital Heart Disease Joel I. Brenner, MD
15. The Impact of Congenital Heart Disease and Surgical Intervention on Neurodevelopment Mary T. Donofrio, MD Richard A. Jonas, MD
16. Obstetric Management of Fetuses with Congenital Heart Disease Lynn L. Simpson, MD Heather S. Lipkind, MD
17. Fetal Cardiac Intervention Norman H. Silverman, MD Mark K. Friedberg, MD Frank L. Hanley, MD V. Mohan Reddy, MD Craig Albanese, MD
18. The Impact of Prenatal Diagnosis on the Management of Congenital Heart Disease Charles S. Kleinman, MD
19. Neonatal Interventional Catheterizations Carl P. Garabedian, MD William E. Hellenbrand, MD
20. Cardiac Surgery in the Neonate with Congenital Heart Disease Johnathan M. Chen, MD Ryan R. Davies, MD Jan M. Quaegebeur, MD, Ph.D. Ralph S. Mosca, MD
21. MRI Evaluation of the Neonate with Congenital Heart Disease Beth Feller Printz, MD, PhD
22. The Twin - Twin Transfusion Syndrome Jack Rychik, MD