Gastroenterology and Nutrition: Neonatology Questions and Controversies, 2nd Edition
Expert Consult - Online and PrintBy Josef Neu, MD
Trim Size: 7 1/2 X 10 7/16 in
Gastroenterology and Nutrition, a volume in Dr. Polin's Neonatology: Questions and Controversies Series, offers expert authority on the toughest neonatal gastroenterologic and nutritional challenges you face in your practice. This medical reference book will help you provide better evidence-based care and improve patient outcomes with research on the latest advances
New to This Edition
Stay current in practice with coverage on what the controversies are and where the field is moving in terms of basic intestinal development and nutritional requirements for the neonate.
Access the fully searchable text online at www.expertconsult.com.
Reconsider how you handle difficult practice issues with coverage that addresses these topics head on and offers opinions from the leading experts in the field, supported by evidence whenever possible.
Find information quickly and easily with a consistent chapter organization.
Get the most authoritative advice available from world-class neonatologists who have the inside track on new trends and developments in neonatal care.
Purchase each volume individually, or get the entire 6-volume set, which includes online access that allows you to search across all titles!
.Section 1: Scientific Overview and Developmental Perspectives
1.Gastrointestinal Development: Morphogenesis and Molecular Mechanisms
Robert Montgomery, PhD
2. Deitary Regulation of Gene Expression
Ian Sanderson, MD
3. The Exocrine Pancreas
Steven Werlin, MD
Alan Mayer, MD PhD
4. Innate Immunity and Epithelial Biology: Special Considerations in the Neonatal Gut
Patricia Lin, MD
Andrew S. Neish
5. The intestinal Microbiota and the Microbiome
Erika Claud, MD
W. Allan Walker, MD
6. Intestinal Barrier Function: Implications For the Neonate and Beyond
Ricardo Caicedo, MD
Martha Douglas-Escobar, MD
Nan Li, MD
Josef Neu, MD
7. Intestine as a Neuroendocrine organ
Carol Lynn Berseth, MD
8. Trophic Factors In the Neonatal Gastrointestinal Tract
Douglas G Burrin, PhD
Michael Janeczko, MD
9. Cholestasis in Neonates and Infants
Michael K. Davis, MD
Joel M. Andres, MD
Section 2: Nutrition
10. Regulation of Protein Synthesis and Proteolysis in the Neonate by Feeding
Tracy Gautsch Anthony, PhD
Susan Hazels Mitmesser, PhD
11. Non-Invasive Techniques to Monitor Nutrition in Neonates
Dominique Darmaun , MD
Jean-Christophe Roz© , MD
12. Nutritional Requirements of the Very Low Birthweight Infant
Patti J. Thureen, MD
William W. Hay, Jr., MD
13. Controversies in Neonatal Nutrition: Macro and Micronutrients
Frank R. Greer, MD
14. Diverse Roles of Lipids in Neonatal Physiology and Development
Nancy Auestad, PhD
Section 3: Select Clinical Entities
15. Necrotizing Enterocolitis: Pathogenesis, Clinical Care and Prevention
Josef Neu, M.D.
Martha Douglas-Escobar, M.D.
16. Short Bowel Syndrome
J. Marc Rhoads, MD
17. Adult Consequences of Neonatal and Fetal Nutrition: Mechanisms
Robert Lane, M.D.,
18. Short Bowel Syndrome and Intestinal Tissue Engineering
Mike K. Chen, MD