Textbook of Diagnostic Ultrasonography, 6th Edition - 2-Volume Set
By Sandra L. Hagen-Ansert, MS, RDMS, RDCS
Trim size 8 1/2 X 10 7/8 in
Now with hundreds of new images, this core text focuses on the two main divisions within sonography: general/abdominal and obstetric/gynecologic. It also provides coverage of vascular ultrasound and an introduction to echocardiography. While the abdominal and vascular sections are organized by body systems, OB/GYN uses a chronologic approach to development during pregnancy and an anatomic approach to gynecologic pathology. Each chapter covers patient history; normal anatomy, including cross-sectional anatomy; ultrasound techniques; pathology; and related laboratory findings.
Ultrasound Tips offer practical, easy-to-find information on scanning techniques.
Full-color presentation includes line art, design, and color scans, enhancing the visual appeal and teaching value of the text.
Pathology tables present clinical findings, lab findings, sonography findings, and differential considerations.
Key Terms and Definitions at beginning of each chapter highlight the most important information.
Chapter Objectives and Review Questions open each chapter, and short-answer and essay questions are provided at the end.
New to this Edition
New chapters cover the following: • Introduction to Physical Findings includes assessment, lab values, and disease principles as they relate to sonography • Contrast Applications in the Abdomen • Invasive/Intraoperative Procedures in the Abdomen • Emergent Ultrasound Procedures • Musculoskeletal System • Neonatal Hips • Neonatal Spine • Sonographic Evaluation for Infertility • Sonographic 3D/4D Evaluation of Fetal Anomalies
Basic and Professional Competencies in Sonography and Standards of Practice
HIPAA coverage provides information on how these new regulations affect the clinical environment.
Ergonomics coverage emphasizes proper scanning technique, helping to avoid injuries from poor ergonomics and repetitive motion.
Updated sonograms include hundreds of new images from state-of-the-art ultrasound equipment.
Table of Contents
Part I: FOUNDATIONS OF SONOGRAPHY
1. Foundations of Sonography 2. NEW! Introduction to Physical Findings
Part II: ABDOMEN
3. Anatomic and Physiologic Relationships within the Abdominal Cavity 4. Introduction to Abdominal Scanning: Techniques and Protocols 5. The Vascular System 6. The Liver 7. The Gallbladder and the Biliary System 8. The Pancreas 9. The Gastrointestinal System 10. The Urinary System 11. The Spleen 12. The Retroperitoneum 13. The Peritoneal Cavity and Abdominal Wall 14. NEW! Contrast Applications in the Abdomen 15. NEW! Invasive/Intraoperative Procedures in the Abdomen 16. NEW! Emergent Ultrasonic Procedures
Part III: SMALL PARTS
17. The Breast 18. The Neck 19. The Scrotum and Prostate 20. NEW! The Musculoskeletal System
Part IV: PEDIATRICS
21. The Neonatal Brain 22. The Pediatric Abdomen 23. The Neonatal Kidneys and Adrenal Glands 24. Neonatal and Pediatric Gynecology 25. NEW! Neonatal Hips 26. NEW! Neonatal Spine
Part V: CARDIOVASCULAR
27. Anatomic, Hemodynamic and Physiologic Relationships within the Thoracic Cavity 28. General Echocardiographic Evaluation and Techniques 29. Fetal Echocardiography: The Basics 30. Fetal Echocardiography: Congenital Heart Disease
31. Extracranial Cerebrovascular Evaluation 32. Intracranial Cerebrovascular Evaluation 33. Peripheral Arterial Evaluation 34. Peripheral Venous Evaluation
Part VI: GYNECOLOGY
35. Normal Anatomy and Physiology of the Female Pelvis 36. Sonographic and Doppler Evaluation of the Female Pelvis 37. Pathologic Processes affecting the Uterus 38. Pathologic Processes affecting the Ovaries 39. Pathologic Process affecting the Adenexa 40. NEW! Sonographic Evaluation for Infertility
Part VII: OBSTETRICAL SONOGRAPHY
41. The Role of Ultrasound in Obstetrics 42. Clinical Ethics for Obstetric Sonography 43. Sonographic Evaluation in the First Trimester 44. First Trimester Complications 45. Sonographic Evaluation in the Second and Third Trimesters 46. Gestational Age Assessment 47. Fetal Growth Assessment 48. Sonography of the High Risk Pregnancy 49. Prenatal Diagnosis of Congenital Anomalies 50. NEW! Sonographic 3D/4D Evaluation of Fetal Anomalies 51. The Placenta 52. The Umbilical Cord 53. The Amniotic Fluid and Membranes 54. The Fetal Face and Neck 55. The Fetal Neural Axis 56. The Fetal Thorax 57. The Fetal Anterior Abdominal Wall 58. The Fetal Abdomen 59. The Fetal Genitourinary System 60. The Fetal Musculoskeletal System