Internal Derangements of Joints, 2-Volume Set, 2nd Edition
By Donald Resnick, MD, Heung Sik Kang, MD and Michael L. Pretterklieber, MD
2400 pages 2856 ills
Trim size 8 1/2 X 10 7/8 in
Donald Resnick’s latest reference keeps pace with the rapid changes that characterize modern MR imaging of joints. This second edition offers comprehensive coverage of the most up-to-date protocols and imaging techniques required in the analysis of internal derangements of the six major peripheral joints: the shoulder, elbow, wrist and hand, pelvis and hip, knee, and ankle and foot. You’ll find the level of utility you need through the new, streamlined organization that explores MRI Techniques and Protocols; Synovial Joints: General Concepts; Bone and Bone Marrow; Soft Tissues; and Specific Joints in five new, easy-to-reference sections. You’ll also find hundreds of new illustrations • new expertly designed anatomic diagrams • and updated radiographic and CT images correlated with the latest high-resolution MR images as appropriate.
REVIEW OF PREVIOUS EDITION
“The logical presentation and wealth of pertinent, practical clinical and imaging information make this an exceptional and valuable textbook”.—Radiology
Represents the most comprehensive reference available on the subject of peripheral joints.
Maintains a consistent, logical format throughout.
Focuses on the derangement of joints, as well as entities that present similarly to help you formulate accurate diagnoses.
New to this Edition
Dedicates all-new chapters to the hottest topics in the field: Infectious Disorders of Bone and Joint • Ischemic Disorders of Bone • Osteoporosis • Tumors and Tumor-like Disorders of Bone • Disorders of Tendons.
Features a new organization that makes important information easy to find.
Provides hundreds of new images to clarify every discussion and every technique.
Presents the latest MRI protocols for all major peripheral joints of the body.
Correlates the latest high-resolution MR images to relevant radiographic and CT images.
Offers brand-new anatomic diagrams from master medical illustrator, Michael Stadnick and hundreds of new images from the private collection of co-author, Michael Pretterklieber.
Table of Contents
Part I Magnetic Resonance Imaging: Techniques and Protocols
1. Magnetic Resonance Imaging: Technical Considerations
2. Magnetic Resonance Imaging: Typical Protocols
Part II Synovial Joints: General Concepts
3. Synovial Joints: Anatomy and Pathophysiology
4. Articular Cartilage: Anatomy and Pathophysiology
5. Traumatic Disorders of Joints
6. Degenerative Disorders of Joints
7. Inflammatory Disorders of Joints
8. Bleeding Disorders
9. Tumors and Tumor-like Disorders In and About Joints
10. Pigmented Villonodular Synovitiis and Idiopathic Synovial Osteochondromatosis
Part III Bone and Bone Marrow: General Concepts
11. Bone and Bone Marrow: Anatomy and Pathophysiology
12. Traumatic Disorders of Bone
13. Infectious Disorders of Bone and Joint
14. Ischemic Disorders of Bone
15. Paget’s Disease
17. Tumors and Tumor-like Disorders of Bone
Part IV Soft Tissues: General Concepts
18. Disorders of Muscles and Tendons
19. Disorders of Ligaments
20. Entrapment Neuropathies
Part V Specific Joints: Anatomy and Pathophysiology
23. Wrist and Hand
24. Pelvis and Hip
26. Ankle and Foot