Oesophagogastric Surgery, 4th Edition - A Companion to Specialist Surgical Practice
By S. Michael Griffin, MD, FRCS and Simon A. Raimes, MD, FRCS, FRCS (Ed)
Trim size 9 11/16 X 7 7/16 in
Ever since the publication of the first edition in 1997, the Companion to Specialist Surgical Practice series has met the needs of surgeons in higher training and practising consultants by providing contemporary, evidence-based information on the sub-specialist areas relevant to their general surgical practice. All eight volumes are thoroughly edited and supported by evidence-based references to support key recommendations. This new Fourth Edition brings together the relevant state-of-the-art specialist information that the editors and authors consider important for the practising sub-specialist general surgeon.
A standardised approach is used across the series to provide up-to-date information in a way that will be consistent and familiar to the reader.
Each volume gives a current and concise summary of the key topics within each major surgical sub-specialty.
Each volume highlights evidence-based practice both in the text and by also identifying the key papers in the extensive list of references at the end of every chapter.
New to this Edition
This new Fourth Edition is presented in colour throughout, including colour photographs of operative procedures, investigations and clinical signs throughout.
The entire contents have been comprehensively updated with particular reference to the evidence-based content of each chapter.
An expanded group of authors provides an increased international dimension to the content of all volumes.
Available for purchase as a single volume or as part of a set of all eight volumes in an elegant slipcase. Also now available as eBooks as part of a Companion series eLibrary.
Includes a new chapter on paraoesophageal hernias and gastric volvulus
Expanded coverage of developing endoscopic and laparoscopic treatment
Vascular and Endovascular Surgery, 4th Edition : A Companion to Specialist Surgical Practice
Breast Surgery, 4th Edition : A Companion to Specialist Surgical Practice
Endocrine Surgery, 4th Edition : A Companion to Specialist Surgical Practice
Transplantation, 4th Edition : A Companion to Specialist Surgical Practice
Hepatobiliary and Pancreatic Surgery, 4th Edition : A Companion to Specialist Surgical Practice
Core Topics in General & Emergency Surgery, 4th Edition : A Companion to Specialist Surgical Practice
Colorectal Surgery, 4th Edition : A Companion to Specialist Surgical Practice
Companion to Specialist Surgical Practice Package, 4th Edition : 8 Volume Set
Table of Contents
• Pathology of benign, malignant and premalignant oesophageal and gastric tumours
• Epidemiology, genetics and screening for oesophageal and gastric cancer
• Staging of oesophageal and gastric cancer
• Preoperative assessment and perioperative management in oesophageal
and gastric surgery
• Surgery for cancer of the oesophagus
• Treatment of early oesophageal cancer and endoscopic oesophageal surgery
• Surgery for cancer of the stomach
• Endoscopic and surgical treatment of early gastric cancer
• Radiotherapy and chemotherapy in treatment of oesophageal and gastric cancer
• Palliative treatments of carcinoma of the oesophagus and stomach
• Other oesophageal and gastric neoplasms
• Pathophysiology and investigation of gastro-oesophageal reflux disease
• Treatment of gastro-oesophageal reflux disease
• Treatment of the complications of gastro-oesophageal reflux disease and failed gastro-oesophageal surgeryBarrett’s oesophagus
• The management of achalasia and other motility disorders of the oesophagus
• Para-oesophageal hernia and gastric volvulus
• Benign ulceration of the stomach and duodenum and the complications of previous ulcer surgery
• Oesophageal emergencies
• Surgery for the obese