Gynecologic Oncology: Evidence-Based Perioperative and Supportive Care, 2nd Edition
Steven A. Vasilev, MD, MBA (Editor), Scott E. Lentz, MD
April 2011, Wiley-Blackwell
New edition fully includes Grades and Levels of evidence, providing a better idea of what the sum total of existing evidence suggests regarding key topics
Grades and levels of evidence consistently highlighted throughout
Greater number of tables and algorithms ("decision trees") for key decision-making areas
"Scope of concept" introduction to chapters are significantly enhanced, allowing the reader to reference the concepts while reviewing the specific details in the clinically oriented chapters
The only available book with an evidence-based approach covering this specific subject matter in one compendium
Part I. General Principles.
1. Introduction (Steven A. Vasilev and Scott E. Lentz).
2. Evidence Based Medicine and Decision Support (Steven A. Vasilev).
3. Vascular Access and Other Invasive Procedures (Paul Koonings and Scott Lentz).
4. Fluids, Electrolytes and Nutrition (Howard Silberman).
Part II. Perioperative Management of Gynecological Surgery .
5. Preoperative Evaluation (Devansu Tewari).
6. Postoperative Surveillance and Perioperative Prophylaxis (Harriet Smith and Lejla Delic).
7. Perioperative Infections: Prevention and Therapeutic Options (Amy Stenson and Steven Vasilev).
8. Intraoperative and Perioperative Considerations in Laparoscopy (Steven A. Vasilev and Scott E. Lentz).
Part III. Oncologic Perioperative Decision Making.
9. Cervical Carcinoma (Fernando Valea).
10. Endometrial Carcinoma (Wendell Naumann).
11. Pelvic Masses and Ovarian Carcinoma (Margarett Ellison).
12. Molar Gestation (Allison E. Axtell and Steven A. Vasilev).
13. Perioperative Issues in the Management o f Vulvar Carcinoma (Maliaka Ammeus and Kathryn F. McGonigle).