Practical Pulmonary Pathology: A Diagnostic Approach(with CD-ROM)
by Leslie, Kevin O. ; Wick, Mark R.
0443066310 Hardback · 856 Pages
Edition 1 , 2005 , CHURCHILL LIVINGSTONE
With an emphasis on practical diagnostic problem solving, Practical Pulmonary Pathology provides the pulmonary pathologist and the general surgical pathologist with an accessible, comprehensive guide to the recognition and interpretation of neoplastic and non-neoplastic lung disorders. The text is lavishly illustrated with the highest quality illustrations which accurately depict the histologic and cytologic findings under consideration and it is supplemented throughout with practical tips and advice from a internationally respected expert. The user-friendly design and format allows rapid access to essential information and the incorporation throughout of relevant clinical and radiographic information makes it a complete diagnostic resource inside the reporting room.
Offers comprehensive, "one-stop" coverage of both common and rare lung diseases and disorders.
Uses a consistent approach to present the key information on each disease and disorder: etiology pathogenesis clinical features pathologic features and differential diagnosis.
Delivers practical advice and tips from world recognized experts, including many time-saving diagnostic clues for interpreting difficult specimens
Incorporates clinical background information and ancillary radiographs throughout, equipping readers to make a complete and accurate pathologic report.
Features many summary tables, charts, and graphs to simplify reference and to facilitate "at-a-glance" comparison between entities.
Bonus CD-Rom image bank with more than 1,300 illustrations of all gross photographs, line drawings, tables and diagnostic images ideal for PowerPoint presentations, lectures, etc.
1. Lung Anatomy
2. Optimal Processing of Diagnostic Lung Specimens
3. Basic Pulmonary Radiology
4. Developmental and Pediatric Lung Disease
5. Acute Lung Injury
6. Lung Infections
7. Chronic Diffuse Lung Diseases
8. Pathology of the Large and Small Airways
10. Pulmonary Vasculitis and Pulmonary Hemorrhage
11. Pulmonary Hypertension
12. Pathology of Lung Transplantation
13. Neuroendocrine Neoplasms of the Lung
14. Sarcomas and Sarcomatoid Neoplasms of the Lungs and Pleural Surfaces
15. Hematolymphoid Proliferations Involving the Lung
16. Non-Neuroendricine Carcinomas (excluding "sarcomatoid carcinoma) and Salivary Gland Analogue Tumors of the Lung
17. Metastatic Tumors in the Lung: A Practical Approach to Diagnosis
18. Pseudoneoplastic Lesions of the Lungs and Pleural Surfaces
19. Benign and Borderline Tumors of the Lungs and Pleura
20. Malignant and Boarderline Mesothelial Tumors of the Pleura
Appendix: Miscellaneous Distinctive Histopathologic Findings