Silverberg's Principles and Practice of Surgical Pathology and Cytopathology, 4th Edition - 2-Volume Set
By Steven G. Silverberg, MD, Ronald A. DeLellis, MD, William J. Frable, MD, Virginia A. LiVolsi, MD and Mark R. Wick, MD
2656 pages 5350 ills
Trim size 10 7/8 X 8 5/8 in
"Nearly all significant disease processes that could conceivably appear under the microscope--from abetalipoproteinemia to zygomycosis--are covered." (JAMA) Thoroughly revised and updated, the state-of-the-art New Edition of this respected reference encompasses the entire field of surgical pathology in a single source. Its uncommonly practice-oriented format integrates surgical pathology with cytopathology to present all the relevant features of a particular lesion or disease side by side. 3,200 clinical images—more than 3,000 in full color—depict basic morphology, immunofluorescence, gross specimens, and special cytochemical and histochemical stains.
Emphasizes a practical approach to differential diagnosis.
Focuses on the information readers need when discussing specific lesions in specific patients with other clinicians.
Features the expertise of leading surgical, cytological, and molecular pathologists to guarantee that all pertinent material is considered in each chapter.
Makes reference easy with an organization based on SNOMED coding.
Offers valuable chapters on infectious disease • immunologically-mediated disease and transplantation • iatrogenic lesions • differential diagnosis of metastatic tumors • and many other key topics.
New to this Edition
Provides comprehensive cytologic correlations for each organ, where relevant, to mirror the practice of pathology today.
Incorporates the knowledge and expertise of two respected new co-editors—Virginia LiVolsi and Mark Wick.
Includes a bonus CD-ROM that makes all of the two volumes' illustrations easy to incorporate into electronic presentations.
Table of Contents
1. General Philosophy and Principles of Surgical Pathology and Cytopathology
2. Principles of Tissue Processing and Special Techniques
3. Computers and Automation in Surgical and Cytopathology
CONDITIONS INVOLVING MULTIPLE ORGANS
4. Infectious diseases
5. Pathology of Immunologically Mediated Diseases and Transplantation
6. Iatrogenic Lesions
7. Differential Diagnosis of Metastatic Tumors
SKIN, SOFT TISSUE, AND BREAST
8. Surgical Pathology of Non-Neoplastic Skin Disease
9. Cutaneous Tumors and Tumor-Like Conditions
10. Soft Tissue Tumors
11. The Breast
12. Lymph Nodes and Spleen
13. Bone Marrow
14. Non-Neoplastic Diseases of Bones and Joints
15. Neoplastic and Tumor-Like Lesions of Bone
UPPER RESIRATORY SYSTEM
16. Sinonasal and Nasopharyngeal Surgical Pathology
17. Larynx and Trachea
PULMONARY AND CARDIOVASCULAR SYSTEMS AND SEROSAL MEMBRANES
18. Diffuse Lung Diseases
19. Localized Diseases of the Bronchi and Lung
20. Pleura, Pericardium, and Peritoneum
21. The Cardiovascular System
22. The Thymus and Mediastinum
ORAL CAVITY AND SALIVARY GLANDS
23. The Oral Cavity
24. Major and Minor Salivary Glands
25. The Esophagus
26. The Stomach
27. Non-Neoplastic Diseases of the Small and Large Intestine
28. Neoplastic Diseases of the Small and Large Intestine
HEPATOBILIARY SYSTEM AND PANCREAS
29. Medical Diseases of the Liver
30. Surgical Diseases of the Liver
31. The Pancreas and Extrahepatic Biliary System
32. Medical Renal Diseases
33. Surgical Diseases of the Kidney
34. The Urinary Bladder, Urethra, Renal Pelves, and Ureters
35. The Testis, Paratesticular Structures, and Male External Genitalia
36. The Prostate Gland
FEMALE REPRODUCTIVE SYSTEM
37. The Uterine Cervix
38. The Vulva and Vagina
39. The Uterine Corpus
40. The Overy and Fallopian Tube
41. The Placenta, Products of Conception, and Gestational Trophoblastic Disease
42. The Pituitary Gland
43. The Thyroid Gland
44. The Parathyroid Gland
45. The Adrenal Gland
PERIPHERAL AND CENTRAL NERVOUS SYSTEM
46. Muscle and Peripheral Nerve Pathology
47. The Ear
48. The Eye and Ocular Adnexa
49. The Central Nervous System