Gastrointestinal and Liver Pathology - A Volume in the Foundations in Diagnostic Pathology Series
By Christine A. Iacobuzio-Donahue, MD, PhD and Elizabeth A. Montgomery, MD
672 pages 770 ills
Trim size 8 5/16 X 10 7/8 in
The Foundations in Diagnostic Pathology Series answers the call for fresh, affordable, and easy-to-use guidance. Each region-specific volume provides all of the most essential information on the pathologic entities encountered in practice. This volume examines the full scope of neoplastic and non-neoplastic disorders of the gastrointestinal tract (esophagus, stomach, small intestine, appendix, colon, and anus), liver, gallbladder, extrahepatic biliary tract, and pancreas. Coverage includes clinical features • gross and microscopic pathologic features • ancillary studies • differential diagnoses • prognostic and therapeutic considerations • and bibliographic references to the most important literature on the topic. The highly templated, practical format with a wealth of helpful illustrations, boxes, and tables, make this series ideal for quick reference.
With 11 additional contributing experts
"Containing over 750 large color illustrations and a consistent format for each chapter throughout, this text will be an accessible and useful reference for pathologists, GI specialists, hepatologists, and residents. Covering all the neoplastic and non-neoplastic disorders of the GI tract, each section includes clinical features, gross and microscopic features, ancillary studies, differential diagnoses, and prognostic and therapeutic considerations. Many inset boxes and tables containing fact sheets and lists of pathologic features are included, reinforcing the text and providing a rapid reference. Each chapter concludes with a selected bibliography organized by subject." SciTech Book News, December 2005
Covers neoplastic and non-neoplastic gastrointestinal/liver conditions.
Features an easy-to-reference layout with abundant boxes and tables throughout.
Presents a full range information in a consistent, user-friendly format.
Provides over 750 full-color illustrations.
Table of Contents
1. General Concepts in GI/Liver Pathology—Normal Histology Inflammatory Responses, Metaplasias
2. Non-Neoplastic Disorders of the Esophagus
3. Tumors of the Esophagus
4. Non-Neoplastic Disorders of the Stomach
5. Stomach Neoplasms
6. Non-Neoplastic Disorders of the Small Intestine
7. Neoplasms of the Small Intestine
8. Gastrointestinal Mesenchymal Tumors
9. Non-Neoplastic Disorders of the Appendix
10. Infectious Diseases of the Colon
11. Inflammatory Bowel Disease
12. Inflammatory Descriptive Colitides
13. Polyps and Polyposis Syndromes
14. Colon Neoplasms
15. Pathology of the Anus
16. Non-Neoplastic and Neoplastic Pathology of the Gallbladder and Biliary Tree
17. Neoplastic and Non-Neoplastic Pathology of the Pancreas
18. Metabolic and Toxic Conditions of the Liver
19. Inflammatory and Infectious Diseases of the Liver
20. Liver Neoplasms