Textbook of Pediatric Rheumatology, 5th Edition
By James T. Cassidy, MD and Ross E. Petty, MD, PhD, FRCPC
808 pages, 399 ills,
Trim size 8 1/2 X 10 7/8 in,
The only reference in the field of its kind! The New Edition of this definitive resource examines the full spectrum of rheumatologic diseases and non-rheumatologic musculoskeletal disorders in children and adolescents. It describes the presentation, differential diagnosis, course, management, and prognosis of every major condition. Drs. Cassidy and Petty have meticulously revised their masterwork to integrate important new scientific advances and clinical developments.
Features exhaustive reviews of the major clinical syndromes, describing the complex web of symp-toms, signs, and lab abnormalities characteristic of these disorders in order to make diagnosis and treatment easier.
Grounds treatment protocols in the best scientific evidence available today.
Establishes an internationally accepted nosography of classification criteria based on the ACR, EULAR, and ILAR criteria.
Clarifies complex concepts and demonstrates key techniques with 400 illustrations, which include new figures and a new four-color insert.
Integrates the knowledge and experience of the founding fathers of pediatric rheumatology as well as a who’s who of international experts in the field.
New to this Edition
Expanded coverage of immunogenetics, detailing advances from the sequencing of the human genome and a new understanding of immunologic mechanisms of inflammatory disease.
Enhanced discussions of pharmacology, drug therapy, and systemic connective tissue diseases.
A new chapter on The Febrile Syndromes.
The expertise of two new associate editors, Ronald M. Laxler and Carol B.Lindsley.
Table of Contents
1. Introduction to the Study of Rheumatic Diseases in Children
2. The Immunoinflammatory Response
4. Pharmacology & Drug Therapy
5. Design, Measurement & Analysis
6. Assessment of Health Status, Function & Outcome
7. Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis
8. Juvenile Ankylosing Prondylisits
9. Juvenile Psoriatic Arthritis
10. Arthropathies of Inflammatory Bowel Disease
11. Non-Rheumatic Musculoskeletal Pain
12. Idiopathic Musculoskeletal Pain Syndromes
Systemic Connective Tissue Diseases
13. Systemic Lupus Erythematosus
14. Neonatal Lupus Syndromes
15. Juvenile Dematomyositis
16. Systemic Sclerodermas
17. Localized Sclerodermas
18. Overlap Syndromes
19. The Periodic Febrile Syndromes
20. CINCA, Castleman’s and Hyper-IgD Syndromes
21. Vaculitis and its Classification
22. Leukocytoclastic Vasculitis
23. Kawasaki Disease
24. Polyarthritis Nodosa & Related Vasculitides
25. Granulomatous Vaculitits, Giant Cell Arteritis, and Sarcoidosis
26. Bechet’s Syndrome & Other Vasculopathies
Arthritis Related to Infection
27. Infectious Arthritis and Osteomyelitis
28. Lyme Disease
29. Reactive Arthritis
30. Acute Rheumatic Fever and Poststerptococcal Reactive Arthritis
31. Immunodeficiencies and Rheumatic Diseases
Primary Acquired Disorders of Bone and Connective Tissue
32. Musculoskeletal Manifestations of Systemic Disease
33. Primary Disorders of Bone and Connective Tissue
34. Skeletal Malignancies & Related Disorders