Diseases of the Liver and Biliary System in Children, 3rd Edition
Deirdre A. Kelly (Editor)
October 2008, Wiley-Blackwell
Wiley List Price: US $293.95
Diseases of the Liver and Biliary System in Children, Third Edition provides a practical approach to the diagnosis and management of paediatric liver diseases, highlighting the importance of multidisciplinary team working and holistic management of the child and family. This fully revised edition has also been updated to cover recent advances in paediatric hepatology. It includes new chapters describing the effects of liver disease in pregnancy on mother and child through to adolescence. With increasing numbers of young people surviving into adult life this edition addresses the importance of managing adolescent transition effectively.
Trainees, practising paediatric gastroenterologists and hepatologists will welcome the practical approach outlined in this text, while other healthcare professionals involved in the management of liver disease in children will find it an accessible and comprehensive reference
Section 1: Structure, Function and Repair.
1. Structure, Function and Repair.
Ulrich Baumann, Rachel Brown, Alastair Millar, Bobbie Jones, Patrick McKiernan.
Section 2: Investigating the Liver.
2. The approach to the child with liver disease: Differential diagnosis and useful investigations.
3. Interventional Radiology in the Diagnosis & Management of Liver Disease.
Section 3: Supporting the Family.
4. The Effects on Mother and Child.
Section 4: Neonatal Liver Disease.
5. The Jaundiced Baby.
6. The Acutely Ill Baby.
Section 5: Acute Liver Disease.
7. Infective disorders of the liver.
Suzanne Davison, Elizabeth Boxall.
8. Fulminant Hepatitis and Acute Liver Failure.
Estella Alonso, Rob Squires, Peter Whitington.
Section 6: Liver Disease in Older Children.
9. Auto Immune Liver Disease.
Giorgina Mieli-Vergani, Diego Vergani.
10. Drug Induced Liver Disease.
11. Congenital and Structural Abnormalities of the Liver.
Jaime Liou Wolfe, Kathleen Schwarz.
12. Non-Alcoholic Steatosis.
13. Hepatobiliary Disease in Cystic Fibrosis.
Section 7: Metabolic Liver Disease.
14. Metabolic Liver Disease in Older Children.
Anne Green, Anupam Chakrapani.
15. Disorders of Copper Metabolism.
Section 8: Management of Chronic Liver Disease.
16. Complications and Management of Chronic Liver Disease.
Section 9: The Liver and other Organs.
17. The Liver in Systemic Illness.
18. Skin Disorders in Liver Disease.
Indra van Mourik, Michelle Thomson.
19. Dental Care of Children with Liver Disease.
Marie-Therese Hosey, Victoria Clark.
Section 10: Surgical Management of Liver Disease.
20. Surgical Disorders of the Liver and Bile Ducts.
21. Primary Hepatic Tumours.
Bruce Morland, Jean De Ville.
Section 11: Transplantation.
22. Liver Transplantation.
Deirdre Kelly, A. Mayer.
23. Small Bowel and Liver Transplantation.
Section 12: The Developing World.
24. Liver Disease in the Developing World.
Anupam Sibal, S. Quak, M. Chang.
Section 13: Supporting the Family.
25. The role of the Multi Disciplinary Team.
Graham Gordon, Julie Reed, Jacqueline Blyth, Carolyn Patchell.
26. Transition to Adult Care.
Janet McDonagh, Deirdre Kelly