Kidney Transplantation, 5th Edition
Author: By Sir Peter J. Morris
Date: Jun 2001, 750 pp
Price: $199.00 This outstanding 5th Edition of Kidney Transplantation remains the most comprehensive and definitive text on all aspects of renal transplantation - as well as the psychological and ethical issues involved. Virtually all chapters have been significantly revised, and in some cases entirely rewritten by new authors, to incorporate the most essential and up-to-date information on the subject.
· Updated throughout, with substantially revised and rewritten material.
· New chapters, including chapters on the new and experimental immunosuppressive drugs, plus:
· Access for renal replacement therapy
· Laparoscopic donor nephrectomy
· Chronic rejection
· Liver complications after renal transplantation
· Xenotransplantation of the kidney
· Several new authors bring a fresh perspective to the revision
1. Kidney Transplantation: A History 2. Immunology of Rejection 3. End-stage Renal Failure and Renal Replacement Therapy 4. The Recipient of Renal Replacement 5. Access of Renal Replacement Therapy 6. Brainstem Death 7. The Donor and Donor Nephrectomy 8. Laparoscopic Donor Nephrectomy 9. Renal Preservation 10. HLA Matching and Cross matching 11. Surgical Techniques of Renal Transplantation 12. Transplantation and the Abnormal Bladder 13. Anaesthesia in Renal Transplantation 14. The Early Course of a Patient with a Kidney Transplant 15. Azathioprine and Steroids 16. Cyclosporine 17. Tacrolimus 18. Experimental and Clinical Experience with Mycophenolate Mofetil 19. Sirolimus 20. Antilymphocyte Globulin and Monoclonal Antibodies 21. Other Forms of Immunosuppression 22. Total Lymphoid Irradiation 23. Approaches to the Induction of Tolerance 24. Histopathology of Renal Allograft Rejection 25. Immunohistology of the Transplanted Kidney 26. Transplant Cytology 27. Chronic Renal Allograft Failure 28. Vascular and Lymphatic Complications After Renal Transplantation 29. Urological Complications After Renal Transplantation 30. Cardiovascular Complications of Transplantation 31. Infectious Complications After Renal Transplantation 32. Liver Complications After Renal Transplantation 33. Neurological Complications after Renal Transplantation 34. Skin Lesions in Renal Transplant Patients 35. Cancer in Dialysis and Transplant Patients 36. Renal Transplantation for Diabetic Nephropathy 37. Paediatric Transplantation 38. Transplantation in Developing Countries 39. Results in Renal Transplantation 40. Psychological Aspects of Kidney Transplantation and Organ Donation 41. Ethics in Transplantation 42. Xenotransplantation of the Kidney 43. The Human Leukocyte Antigen (HLA) System and Nomenclature